The virtue of prudence orients us to the good. Over time we start to see and understand that God’s goodness is present in the details of our life. But often I need help in seeing and feeling the unshakeable peace of God’s presence.
This is when I need to spend time in prayer and orient my heart toward God. The following questions help me see where I might need some help and spark my conversation:
- How present am I to others and how content am I with my circumstances?
- How much time am I spending in prayer?
- Am I telling God my needs and desires?
- Am I self-reliant or reliant on God?
- Am I comparing myself with others and finding myself lacking? Or do I feel at peace the way God created me, as His beloved?
- Am I trusting God’s mercy in recognizing when I’ve messed up and ask for forgiveness?
The Lord is near to all who call upon him, to all who call upon him in truth.Psalm 145:18
Lord, thank you for always being near to me and teaching me how to ask for your help.