Compassion brings healing into our lives. It is justice in action, giving others their due. Grace is usually involved in deepening our own knowing of ourselves and God. Take some time to walk through a situation that comes to mind that needs healing and journal through these four steps of Compassionate Communication.
Healing Process: The Four steps in Compassionate Communication
- Think of a person who is difficult for you. Write down an observable behavior that you would like that person to change. (When I see, hear.etc.)
- Write down the feeling that observation activates in you. (I feel……)
- Write down the unmet need behind your feeling. (…because I need…)
- Write down a request or a concrete action that you would like the other person to do that would help meet your need. (Would you be willing….)
- Ask yourself if these four steps have given you and ideas about how you might relate to this person in the future.
Weekly Summary. Compassion.
Sunday. The Cornerstone. Foundation.
Monday. Revival. God’s work.
Tuesday. Rule of justice. Be confident.
Wednesday. Transformation. Our natural state.
Thursday. Peace. The heart of the wise.
Friday. No Resistance. The extra mile.